RAISE THE POWER PRICE(CALLING ALL LARGE POWER PRODUCERS)

Moderator: moderators

Guest

You Again!!!

Post by Guest » 20.06.2008, 12:26

Canadian Energy Corp. wrote:
voltage inc wrote:yes i agree, with power inc. we are both at the same lvl of power out put and i do not want to see higher prices on the market meaning that i would have to raise my price. this is bad because it makes my customers fell more pressure to buy their own power plants which will put power producing companies like am and power inc to become bankrupt in the power business. meaning we would have to change the market.

Voltage Inc

P.S I do not support this, Stop trying to raise the power price. Look at the big producers of power, we try to keep the price stable and low not like the new guys who want maximum output. look at the steel market where you buy steel from NPC rather then players because its cheaper. (expansion Etc)

Quote my post if you support me :!: :!:
Go voltage Inc. Also, to you Farm, you can't decide wether we can post comments or not so It really does't matter to me what you say. If a mod were to come in here and say "No Comments" then I would probably stop.
READ this carefully dude:-
1. If you are happy with the profits you make, then stay out of this thread.
2. I have found enough volunteers who are supporting me.
3. Stop making your comment on this thread for this thread is closed from now on.

RTPP UNION is Ready to Rock ON!!!

Guest

Post by Guest » 20.06.2008, 13:05

Well , my main activity is power producing ( around 500 mil a day )

and i really , really , really DONT ! want the power price to skyrocket ...

Imagine the consequences

Guest

Post by Guest » 20.06.2008, 14:14

davidfranses wrote:Well , my main activity is power producing ( around 500 mil a day )

and i really , really , really DONT ! want the power price to skyrocket ...

Imagine the consequences
That is exactly what all the SMART Kapilands players (unlike farm) don't want. They don't want a power price up around 0.25 again. It causes inflation and if it stay up there long enough we would have an inflation rate like Zimbabwe's (which is over 100.000%). So I think I will create a syndicate thread against higher power prices and Everyone, including you farm, will have the right to comment there (not like they didn't already). Sorry about my sarcasm, but Farm is proposing something extremely preposterous that will destroy the Kapilands economy as we know it.

Guest

Post by Guest » 20.06.2008, 19:02

I agree on raising the powerprices! Not that I'm a powerproducer, but people are talking here about inflation when prices would rise, but in fact the power price is supposed 2 be around 0,27 (NPC-Price) So now it's deflation instead of inflation!

Guest

Post by Guest » 20.06.2008, 20:25

but why would you want to pay more?

is it not just cheaper to pay .15 rather the .27
keep the prices as they are and farm i will not stop the commenting. i have a large enought group to subside anything you try to do with the power.

Myth
Posts: 2067
Joined: 10.04.2007, 20:49
Location: Power inc.

Post by Myth » 20.06.2008, 20:32

tamaratjuh87 wrote:I agree on raising the powerprices! Not that I'm a powerproducer, but people are talking here about inflation when prices would rise, but in fact the power price is supposed 2 be around 0,27 (NPC-Price) So now it's deflation instead of inflation!
do you think that we dont make that much profit? because we do we make about 1400% profit on even kw we produce
Power inc. that guy that someone said they saw once
Image

Guest

Post by Guest » 20.06.2008, 20:44

I know, but still. You might have a lot of profit in %, but not in cash. If you would be a wood-producer, you would have much more profit!

Guest

Post by Guest » 20.06.2008, 21:05

I want to make clear what I want!

I do NOT want .25 power. I also though don't want Myself - The Financial Overlord to set his prices 2 cents lower every blasted time a small guy goes 1 cent lower than .18

When I started producing power it was .21, small guys sold for .20-.18

My only point is I want to stop the downward trend in power prices. When Myself started lowering to .17 cents for a few days I sent a message that basically said "Would you please keep your price steady, as you hurt everyone elses profit margin when you drop the bottom out of the market. I would hate to see our power market end up like R2" The response I got was basically (Paraphrased)"I don't give a rat's hiney about the power market, or any of your other people in it. I can make a profit regardless of what price I sell it for, because I'm already rich."

So here is what I want:Stable prices between .22 and .17 That is 5 points of difference, I could care less if someone wants to try to sell higher. It just hurts me to see the bottom dropped out of the market because a volume producer adjust prices in response to less than 1 million power being sold 2 cents cheaper.

In my eyes, the solution is if you want your power sold (2 billion of it) for .18, .20 or what ever price you come up with, just buy all the small offers under 1 million power priced below you.

I hope this clarifies what I want to achieve in the power market. I am not trying to engage in a flame war here. Just trying to clear up misunderstanding on my position.

Guest

Post by Guest » 21.06.2008, 10:14

ok i see what your saying and i would have to say i like the idea of keeping the price stable within .17 and .22 because of this i would like to see the market price to stay at around .19 to .18 caps.

This is not to high of a price that non power producing companies will build their own power plants for their own use and it gives as a high enough profit to stay within the business.

So I am going to create a trade group for power producers who believe in keeping the power price stable within the prices of .18 to .19 and not sell any higher.

Voltage inc

Guest

Post by Guest » 21.06.2008, 10:21

I have also send a message 2 myself and his reply was 2 mind my own bussiness ... but people should realize that if the power price would drop 2 much, power producers will change their bussiness because the would not make enough profit, and start producing something else. That way power would cost 0,27 caps again (NPC price), because people will need the same amount of power, but there will be less on the market. So I'm pro stabilizing the power price

Guest

Post by Guest » 21.06.2008, 11:06

voltage inc wrote:ok i see what your saying and i would have to say i like the idea of keeping the price stable within .17 and .22 because of this i would like to see the market price to stay at around .19 to .18 caps.

This is not to high of a price that non power producing companies will build their own power plants for their own use and it gives as a high enough profit to stay within the business.

So I am going to create a trade group for power producers who believe in keeping the power price stable within the prices of .18 to .19 and not sell any higher.

Voltage inc
I am with you.
But we will have to buyout Myself's power fom the market to establish this and we will have to ensure that power prices don't exceed this band.

Myth
Posts: 2067
Joined: 10.04.2007, 20:49
Location: Power inc.

Post by Myth » 21.06.2008, 12:45

I have a theory it may not be corect but maby. When i first started the game and for the whole time ive been playing the had been more suppy then demand. One time there was soo much supply that the power price dropped to 0.04-0.06. But now it almost looks like it is stabling out the market seems to be at peace there is just enif suppy for the demand. If this is true then voltage inc you have succeded befor you even began
Power inc. that guy that someone said they saw once
Image

Guest

Post by Guest » 21.06.2008, 16:35

Our best strategy might be something along these lines:

One player becomes the "Power Bank"
One player becomes the "Money Bank"
We establish a external forum

How this would work follows:
1)Company reads recruiting thread, joins external forum
2)Company sells all his power to "Power Bank" via contract at established price
(85% Market Price(10% goes to market listing fee, 5% goes to bank)
3)Power Bank will post market offers daily of all power in warehouse
4)Money Bank will be responsible for buying cheaper power offers, and sending PM's to recruit young companies
5)At the end of every month, excess money in Money Bank is invested in the ingame bank. Should the total reserve of our bank reach 80% of one months operating expenses the bank fee shall be lowered.
Why would companies be willing to forfeit 5%(variable) of their profit on a power transaction? Because it is only as a Large Alliance that we will ever have the power to control this market at the present time. The contract price would be variable, but it would require a vote from 2/3+1 of our members to adjust it one way or another. As would our selling price on the market.

This basically gives ALL power producers willing to agree to the bylaws a chance to sell their power at the same price, and know it will be bought.

I do know for a fact this can be done. I am in large alliances with similar governing polices in several other browser games. The logic behind investing excess operating expenses in the In Game Bank is so we can gain interest. It would be too hard to disperse bank earnings back to our members, so instead we invest them back into the alliance and use them to lower our per transaction fee to members.

We basically will need 2 game accounts, a forum, and some type of upper alliance government (this can be debated).

Guest

Post by Guest » 08.07.2008, 17:22

I also started when the price was 0,04-0,07, and I also produce power. The current prices are very high. I know how happy I was when I could buy power cheaply, as I did not produce power myself. This changed when the prices raised to 0,11-0,15, which was the moment for me to enter.

I sell for whichever price I feel reasonable. If that price is lower than any other price, so be it. If it is higher, so be it. I do not put my price lower than 0,16 only because someone puts 100 pieces of power for 0,16 and 10.000 pieces for 0,17. But if someone puts 5.000.000.000 power for 0.16 I could put it for 0.15. I also could put it for 0.16 or 0,17 or 0,18 if I think this price is right at the moment. If anyone thinks this is too low, just buy my power. You'd be able to sell it with a profit afterwards. If not, bad luck.

Therefore, I wish you good luck, and a lot of fun, as this is a nice game to play. We will see how all developments go.

Myth
Posts: 2067
Joined: 10.04.2007, 20:49
Location: Power inc.

Post by Myth » 08.07.2008, 17:59

how much poerw do you produce Pamaraj
Power inc. that guy that someone said they saw once
Image

Post Reply