whats going on with minerals/chemicals market?

Moderator: moderators

whats going on with minerals/chemicals market?

Post by Guest » 26.01.2008, 23:36

as topic says: Whats up with minerals and chemical market at the moment?

Minerals: More expenisve than usual, minerals needed for chemical production.

Chemicals: Selling cheaper than usual.

I dont get it, raw material for chemicals are more expensive now, yet other chemical companies lower their price instead of adjusting to raw material cost.

Whats up with that?

Post by Guest » 27.01.2008, 11:32

seems to me chemicals producers are acting stupid. as they have been all the time. i am planning to put some monster quantity of high quality chemicals on market at an insanely low price to join their stupidity 8)

Post by Guest » 28.01.2008, 09:56

well the sad thing about these cheap chemical prices is that they COULD use normal prices and sell the chemicals fast and easy anyway. Its like, earning 100% of the value? no thanks I just want 75%

Post by Guest » 28.01.2008, 13:51

i once got a response from a chemical producer who said he produced all the materials himself and that chemicals only cost him around 2 caps to produce so even if he sold at 10 he would still have 8 caps profit :roll: only thing you can do is slap your forehead :lol: i tried to explain him it makes no sense to turn his minerals into chemicals but ... oh well ... :?

Post by Guest » 28.01.2008, 16:33

hi, i produce both minerals and chemicals (cause i produce steel).

if you produce power and chemicals in green and water and minerals in yellow you get:

minerals -> 0.47 (Q6)
chemicals -> 0.74 each (Q9)

i usually use all minerals to make chemicals, but sometimes i have excess, so i sell it to the market for 15 (taking 10% out, it stays for 13.5) and i sell chemicals for 23.5 by contract.

Conclusion: you win 10 more caps for each 0.27 you spend turning minerals into chemicals.

I hope it helped you.

And it's easier to have high Q of chemicals than to have high Q of minerals.

i think that minerals price rose because of the raising of the water price.

Greetings from Portugal

Post by Guest » 28.01.2008, 16:52

makes sence, thanks for the advice.
just waiting to get my chemicals on the market sold so i can start production again =P

Post by Guest » 29.01.2008, 16:08

Chemosys at realm1 wrote:makes sence, thanks for the advice.
just waiting to get my chemicals on the market sold so i can start production again =P
no it doesnt. minerals price rose because most people are producing stones.
and if you make chemicals and sell them at 23.5 you actually add 10caps of value to each unit. which means you earn roughly 200 caps per hour per employee (when turning minerals into chemicals) in green which is very low. in red you earn around 230. so everything the portuguese guy wrote is wrong :lol: but i guess thats the way all chemicals producers think :? oh and just a hint, you can easily earn almost twice as much if you make zero! (0) quality gas. and gas is also very easy to research.